Problem with Smart Refund

I am very disappointed with Smart.  When I went back home, I encouraged my niece to use a blackberry so that we can communicate more often through bb messenger and social networking.  Since we were using Smartbro, she opted to use smart SIM.  I gave her my old blackberry and tested it for 1 DAY.  The Blackberry was functioning perfectly.  The next day after the subscription for 1 day expired, I asked her to subscribe for the monthly Social Networking plan that Smart offers.  The amount of Php 300 was deducted from her prepaid balance but her BB service was not restored.  We did all the settings needed and even did a battery pull but the BB service was not there.  We opted to go to a smart service center in Bulacan.  The attending staff showed us that she was not subscribed to the monthly plan so we showed her the acknowledgement sms from smart deducting the Php300 and acknowledging that she was subscribed to the monthly plan.  She said that she will just put a request to REFUND our Php 300.  She gave us a ref number:  SR#345422436.  That was in May 2011.  We waited for the refund but got tired waiting and called to follow up.  On the phone, they are saying that the refund cannot be made while the blackberry service is on.  We have to wait for it to expire on June06,2011 before we can receive the refund and that the request was already forwarded to the proper department for processing.  I had to go back to Dubai for work and left my niece to follow up on the refund.  She was very busy with school and our mother is having weekly dialysis, twice a week actually.  But before i left i was able to call smart and they assured me that the refund will be made.  I called last June 01, 2011 around 12:56pm and talked to Naty of Smart.  She said I have nothing to worry since we have the reference number SR#345422436.  Last week I called my niece and asked her about the refund, she said that Smart did not give back the refund and the staff at the Sta. Lucia branch is saying that "masyado nang matagal ito, hindi na namin puedeng i-refund"!  I want to ask what do we need to do?  We spent more than Php300 processing the refund but this is no longer about the money.  It is a matter of principle.  SMART CANNOT STEAL OUR MONEY THIS WAY!  Is this an isolated case?  Kindly let me know what has happened.  I might have missed something but I definitely did not misunderstood Smart Staffs when they assured me that we will get our money back because it was their mistake anyways.  If it was our mistake I will not pursue this.

No comments