Useful Arabic

Here are a few phrases to help you get around Dubai.

For greetings:
Hello: as-salam alaykum
Hello (response): wa alaykum e-salam
Goodbye: ma'a salama
Welcome: marHaba
Good morning: sabaH ala-kheir
Good afternoon: masa' al-kheir
Good night: tisbah ala-kheir

Some basic phrases:
Yes: aiwa/na'am
No: la
Please: min fadlik
Thank you: shukran
You're welcome: afwan
Excuse me: lo tismaH

For small talk:
How are you?: kef Halak?
Fine thanks: zein al-Hamdulillah
What's your name?: shismak?
My name is...: ismi
I understand: ana fahim
I don't understand: la afham
I speak?: ana atakallam

For travelling:
Where is the airport?: wein al-matar
Where is the taxi?: wein maHattat tax
Do you speak English?: Tek Kalam Ingleezi?
How much is this?: Kum Hada

For a Dubai City Tour booking, send an email request to book@dxbevents.com

No comments