The Songbird & the Songwriter in Dubai

Last Friday, I went to Zabeel Park to watch The Songbird & The Songwriter.

The tickets had three (3) denominations. AED100 for the bleacher seats, AED200 for VIP & AED350 for VVIP. I bought the second one.

The venue was a big open field arena in the middle of the park. I bought dinner for AED45!

The concert started with several raffle draws and games officiated by two radio deejays. They had one question which they did not know the answer themselves.

"Which song did Regine & Robin Padilla sing as a duet in one of their movies?"

Several answers were wrong. "Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw" "Maging Sino Ka Man" "Hanggang Ngayon"

I was waiting for "Tuwing Umuulan" which they sang in the movie "Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw". One of the VVIP audience gave this answer and the announcers said that it was wrong. They declared "Alipin" as the right answer. The girl DJ was recalling from her memory that Regine & Robin sang that song in the soundtrack album of the movie "Till I Met You".

The Dubai Champion of "Are You The Next Big Star" sang "I Believe I Can Fly" as a front act. I was not impressed. It felt like she was just shouting not singing.

The show started with Regine and Ogie singing Black Eyed Peas' "I've Got A Feeling". And then the "mall show" continued. :-)

I was a little bit disappointed with the show. It felt like a mall show to me. Regine was underdressed. The song line up was not impressive.

Regine & Ogie are good singers. But it was Rico J. Puno who made my night.

The lipsync of Marian Rivera during the duet with Dingdong Dantes was not surprising but unwelcomed. Sana sumayaw na lang siya ng sumayaw.

I felt I was robbed. The show was okay but not good enough. It was an effortless event. SOP is even better.

If they ever come back, maybe I will pass next time. It is not worth your money.

No comments