A Pinay Cutting the Line

Friday in Dubai is like Sunday in other parts of the world. Government offices, banks and most establishments are closed. And it is the worker's day off.

I decided to go with my younger sister to Mall of the Emirates and watch a movie. She wanted to see Jacky Chan's Spy Next Door and I wanted to see Avatar. When we got there, we settled for Valentine's Day starring a long list of superstars and cute newbies including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Jesica Biel, Ashton Kutcher, Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, Jennifer Garner, Taylor Lautner and a lot more!

We were in queue to buy food and drinks. We decided to split up and queue on different lines. A lady cut in my line. As it turned out, she was a Kababayan. If we had been in the Philippines, I would have made a scene and asked her to go to the back of the line, but unfortunately, we were in Dubai. So I took a deep breath and held my anger.

What would you have done in my place?

2 comments:

  1. Tsk! tsk! pati ba naman dyan walang disiplina ang mga Pinoy? that is one of my pet peeves, and if i were you, she would received a mild tongue-lashing from me. dapat nga mas behaved tayo sa ibang bansa kase nakakahiya. ampf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah! Ting! Naalala ko ulit yung pagsingit ng Pinay... Naiinis ako whenever I remember... Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete